Last Updated on
The best cheap skateboard
If you’re looking for cheap skateboard but you don’t have the time for intense comparison shopping then get the Magento Mini Skateboard for overall quality and performance. It’s an ideal board for any riders irrespective of the age.
No matter if you are planning to buy a cheap skateboard or not, you must not compromise the quality too much.
Otherwise, it won’t be a pleasant riding experience by any means.
With that said, it’s quite a daunting task to find the best cheap skateboards that also excels in quality.
Don’t be troubled as I’m going to do the legwork for you.
I’m going to review 5 top-class inexpensive skateboards mentioning their highs and lows elaborately.
Here are some crucial aspects of each of the board I considered before putting it on my list –
- First off, the obvious, the price.
- The overall quality, performance, and durability.
- The level, weight, and age of riders it supports.
- Its maneuverability, sturdiness, control, and some other characteristics directly related to the performance.
- Its brand value.
5 Best Cheap Skateboard Reviews
1. Magento Mini Cruiser Skateboard (Kids, Adults)
- I dig the craftsmanship of this skateboard.
- It’s lightweight and comfortable for carrying and storing.
- A perfect skateboard for performing different tricks considering the width of the deck and the double kicktail shape.
- A newbie-friendly skateboard.
- The size of the deck offers comfortable foot placement for any sorts of riders.
- It provides enough wheel clearance, smooth ride.
- Turning and sliding over bumpy roads are easy with this board.
- It’s quite a sturdy board that gives smooth and comfortable riding.
- Various cool graphics are readily available for this skateboard.
- The price is quite surprising for what it offers.
- The graphics don’t stay for too long.
- The bearings could have been better than these.
This high quality skateboard features a 27.5” wide and 7.5” long deck, which I believe is quite convenient for any sorts of riders.
This is the best skateboard for cruising and regular usage because of its size, performance, and the components it boasts.
If you are new to skateboarding, you will enjoy riding this skateboard as it helps to learn skateboarding quickly.
The big wheel contact patch gives ample grip on the road. On the other hand, the rough outer skin helps to slide over the bumps easily. That means it’s a pretty suitable board for both cruising and freeriding.
There is a cut in the bottom of the deck, which helps to get an ample wheel clearance. Consequently, the rider will enjoy a safe and comfortable riding and turning. It helps to ensure the durability of the board as well.
Considering the overall quality and performance, the price is quite reasonable, I must say. More importantly, it’s an ideal board for any riders irrespective of the age.
No matter your age, if you are starting out and need a basic but good skateboard that won’t cost much then this is the perfect option.
2. Meketec Retro Skateboard (Kids, Youths)
- A lightweight and compact skateboard, hence easy to carry and store.
- The deck is quite grippy with an anti-slippery pattern to ensure adequate control during the ride.
- It’s quite sturdy.
- The kicktail shape allows performing different tricks with ease.
- Any kids will be able to balance this board in a quick time.
- The wheel gives a perfect blend of pace and grip.
- It glides pretty smooth, and turning is substantially smooth.
- You can choose from several colors and design options.
- The price is quite easy on the wallet.
- Not a perfect board for adults. A great option only for kids and teenagers.
- The truck is a bit noisy.
Meketec skateboard is a good option for newbies, particularly for kids and teenage riders.
It’s a 22” long and 6” wide board. It clearly indicates that it’s NOT an ideal option for someone having long feet and being overweight.
Though the company suggests a maximum weight of 200 lbs, I firmly believe it won’t last long carrying this much weight.
The wheel has a big contact patch with a sharp lip. Consequently, it gives enough grip and traction.
The bearings (ABEC-7) are quite ok for the kids riding. However, a young rider may want to replace them with some higher quality ones.
The aesthetic of this skateboard is worth noting. Moreover, the company offers various colors and design options. I believe any kid and young rider will love to have from any of those colors.
In a nutshell, this skateboard from Meketec is one of the top cheap skateboards out there that provides smooth and comfortable riding.
If you are planning a holiday gift for your kids, it’s not going to disappoint you for sure.
3. Andrimax Skateboard
- One of the best affordable skateboards for doing tricks.
- It gives high acceleration during the ride.
- The grip tape of the deck shines in quality and provides the required comfort and grip quite well.
- The deck is durable and strong.
- It’s another newbie-friendly skateboard that offers smooth riding.
- It gives a fast riding experience because of the wheels.
- Smooth turning is a breeze with this board.
- It’s available in two different styles of graphics.
- The price is a bargain.
- Some users found the truck super loose initially and had to tighten them before the first ride.
- It gives a low top speed because of the small while size.
- The paint tends to peel off quickly.
When it’s about doing different tricks, this Andrimax skateboard sets itself apart from the crowd with its substantially long and wide deck.
Besides the large size, it also features a double kicktail shape that gives enough space and facility for foot placement and performing various tricks.
Nonetheless, it’s equally suitable for cruising around the town.
The deck is 31” long and 8” wide. As it’s a 7 layers Canadian maple deck wood construction, so, no question about the deck’s strength and durability.
It features 95U wheels meaning the wheels are quite hard that makes it fast.
On the contrary, the surface of the wheels is smooth, which makes it grippy. Altogether, you will get a mix of fast and grippy riding experience with this skateboard.
On the whole, this one is a pretty cost-effective skateboard for all levels of riders. It can hold up to 220 lbs weight, which makes it suitable for heavy persons too.
4. Krown Rookie Checker Skateboard
- An ideal board for starters to learn different tricks in a quick time.
- Controlling this board is not an uphill task by any means.
- The Canadian maple deck ensures durability, and the grip tape on the deck makes it anti-slippery.
- A suitable board for sliding.
- No question about durability.
- It’s quite suitable for casual riding around the city.
- This one is a lightweight board that’s easy to carry and store.
- It’s undoubtedly an inexpensive skateboard.
- The truck’s quality is substandard.
- It doesn’t provide the highest amount of grip.
- Not the best option for intermediate or advanced riders.
Krown rookie checker is another newbie-friendly skateboard on my list. This board helps to learn different tricks quickly more than anything else.
The deck is 31.5” long and 7.75” wide, which makes it a suitable board for both tall and short riders.
As the wheels feature a narrow contact patch and kind of beveled lip profile, you won’t get too much grip support from the wheels.
Due to its small wheels, you will get ample acceleration for the wheel, which makes it an ideal option for sliding.
This skateboard is cheap and pretty okey-dokey options for riding and doing different tricks.
Yes, the truck and bearings are not up to the standard, but you can replace them with better turck and bearings. If you don’t want to do so, better go for the other skateboards I’ve listed here.
Despite having some drawbacks still, it’s a nice board to buy as a gift for some starters. If you are looking for some boards for experts, better avoid this option.
5. Dinbin Plastic Cruiser Skateboard
- A lightweight and compact skateboard for storing and carrying conveniently.
- It turns smoothly with ample flexibility.
- The skateboard deck has an anti-slippery pattern on it to ensure enough control during the ride.
- Doing several tricks is a breeze with this skateboard.
- It can slide with ease due to the wheel lip profile.
- This brand offers different colors for different riders, including kids and girls.
- A satisfactorily sturdy skateboard.
- It’s quite easy on the wallet.
- It teeters a bit for high speed riding. Nevertheless, it’s quite manageable.
- Not the best bet for heavyweight riders.
Dinbin skateboard is another penny board offering various colors and graphics for the kids’ likings.
The compactness, along with the kicktail shape, makes it an ideal board for performing different tricks.
It boasts a 22” long and 6” wide deck. That means it’s not an ideal option for someone having big feet.
Although the company says it can hold up to 220 lbs, I don’t suggest someone weighing more than 180 lbs should ride this plastic skateboard. I’ve listed some better options for heavyweight riders.
The wheel has a round lip profile that helps it to slide smoothly.
On the other hand, the contact patch is not too narrow, and the wheel is soft. As a result, it gives a substantial grip to ensure safe riding.
Pricewise, this is quite inexpensive for what it offers—an excellent board for the starters. Any kids and teenage riders will love to ride on this. However, the adults won’t feel too comfortable because of the size and overall construction.
I must mention its ability to turn smoothly with enough flexibility. Regardless of the weight of the rider, it helps anyone with high maneuverability.
All the skateboards I’ve reviewed here are some of the best cheap skateboards without any doubt.
Predictably, each of them has its own downsides.
If you are planning to buy a reliable skateboard or all level, weight, and age of riders, better go for Magento Mini Cruiser Skateboard.
On the contrary, if you want to buy a gift for a kid or teenager, Meketec skateboard has all the ability to steal the show with its aesthetics and performance.
Cheap Skateboard Buying Guide
Who doesn’t want to impress the people? or don’t want to see the people clapping the hands for him? Most of the people want to feel so. I assume you will like it too. Skateboarding is one of the best ways to make your imagination come true. By skateboarding, you can easily do it. Apart from this, skateboarding is also a good way of transportation.
At this point, I am going to provide you a guide for purchasing a low pricey skateboard. So, let’s dive into the core section.
Well, the first thing I think to be considered while purchasing complete skateboards is its style. Usually, skateboards come to meet different kinds of demands. You have to decide what are you looking to use this skateboard for? If you are looking forward to a skateboard for going around the town, then you will be needing a wide cruiser board along with the big soft wheels.
On the other hand, if you are aiming your skateboard to use for a skatepark for performing a trick or a mini ramp, then you need to pick a classic shaped complete skateboard.
The wheel is the most important part of complete skateboard. without it, you won’t be able to make any move. So, select a heavy duty good and durable one. Whatever the skateboard wheels that are made from rubber or plastic is not so much efficient. Because the plastic and rubber wheels can’t grip effectively and also the possibility of breaking the skatebaord wheel is high.
In this case, I will highly recommend you for the skateboard pu wheels that are made from urethane. The wheels that are made from urethane are more stable and efficient for skateboarding.
Another important part of complete skateboards that helps the skateboard wheels for spinning freely and smoothly. For better skateboarding, you should select a quality bearing. Most of the skateboard bearings are either steel or ceramic. The bearing that is made from steel are quite durable and affordable. Heavy friction can expand the skateoard wheels. So, you need to make sure that your steel bearing is dry and well lubricated. On the contrary, the Ceramic bearings are not likely to expand much like the steel bearings and they are pricey too.
However, steel or ceramic we can’t skip the ABEC rating of the bearings. The ABEC talk about bearings the ability of tolerance and precision. A higher rating means better quality.
Generally, the skateboard deck is made of wood layers pressed together making flexible and light. You will see that the edges of the skateboard deck are round-shaped for better drifting and steering. However, for skating on the street you should go for the skateboard deck between 7.5 to 8″. For riding pools and parks select the skateboarding starting from 8″ or larger. However, if you don’t have a particular plan for using the skateboarding, then go for an 8″ wider and 30″ long skateboard deck.
In a skateboard, trucks are the axles part and for determining the size of a truck, you have to check the skateboard deck size. You need to make sure that the length of the axle should match the width of the skateboard deck so that once the truck is on, it should fit with the skateboard decks width. It should not be sticking in or out too much. Apart from the size, make sure about the quality of trucks. It should be made from sturdy metal. Aluminum trucks are preferable. But not all skateboard comes with Aluminium trucks. So, try to look for one that have Aluminium trucks.
Here, You can also use the term “shape”. Whatever the deeper concave is good for flipping the skateboard as it is used for perform greater leverage. On the other hand, the flatter skateboard offers flipping and landing in the air easily.
It is not always likely that cheap things are bad. Even with a lower priced skateboard, you can ride smoothly and safely. The good and cheaper skateboard is made from the Canadian maple skateboard material. Although these skateboards are cheap, these are pretty safe and high quality good ones to make a pick. Also, check the grip tape. Some grip tape tend to fall off. Fully assembled is a plus point.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Ques: Are cheap skateboard okay to buy?
Ans: Skateboard has been popular for a long time there are so many types of skateboarders. Some of them may just want to try it out or basic street skating. For them, a low priced skateboard is enough no matter kids or adults.
Now, cheap skateboards are okay to ride for them if they can select a cheap but good quality one. Not all budget skateboards are garbage. Some low priced skateboards are really good for the price. If they buy the right one then there is no problem.
You just need to know which brand is good and select a good model that doesn’t cost a lot but still good enough.
If you are very serious about skateboarding then you should go for a high-quality one that might cost a bit extra.
If you use rarely and buying it to just try then no need to spend too much. Wisely pick a cheap but good one, it will work out and give a good starting experience. If you can’t pick one then just see our recommendations above.
Some complete skateboards may look cheap but they are actually good quality skateboard for beginners. Expert skateboarders have proven this a lot of times.
For example, Penny skateboards are cheaper but heavy duty good ones. Darkstar is also popular for reasonable price but high quality skateboards.
Ques: How much should a good skateboard cost?
Ans: A good skateboard’s average price is around 70-80$. Cheaper ones cost around 30-40$ on average. These are just average.
Usually, skateboards priced more than 100$ have higher quality. But keep in mind that it’s not always the case. Some companies will try to sell you low-quality products at a higher price. You’ll need to pick wisely.
Ques: How can I make my skateboard cheaper?
Ans: you can buy the parts separately for second-hand shops then DIY build it cheaply.
Ques: Is it cheaper to buy or build a skateboard?
Ans: Most of the time it’s cheaper to buy one than build it yourself. You can build it cheaper if you used parts. Fully assembled ones are good for beginners as it will be hard for them to DIY build it. That’s why best complete skateboards are better.
Ques: Where can I get a good skateboard for cheap?
Ans: You can get good skateboards for cheap on Amazon. And also check eBay for used but fresh skateboards. If you look for a while then you may find a good deal.
Ques: Are Walmart skateboards good?
Ans: Walmart skateboards aren’t good. They use very cheap materials. You better buy one from other reputed brands who still offer budget friendly skateboard. Their performance is bad and they are less safer.
Ques: How much should I spend on my first skateboard?
Ans: You don’t need to spend a load on your first skateboard. Pick a budget one or a cheap but good quality one.
Don’t go for too cheap ones cause they will hamper your learning experience and they are too unsafe. Also no need to buy very high quality expensive ones when you are just learning. A basic high quality beginner skateboard that doesn’t cost a lot is fine.